Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Working Remotely In Groups

One of the challenges I faced in this course with my 2 group members was is finding the convenient time for all of us to hangout, it was definitely better  for all of us to get together to work on the activity required for the course rather than assign each of us a part and work individually for back and forth discussion. Even though  we all tried our best to find the right time.
What I really like about working in groups remotely is that the work will be done even if not every body is available where students will work responsibly and collaboratively to help each other to finish the work required nicely for the best of them as a small community, modeling for the future career as well as student centered learning.
It was very challenging the dos for this course Yammer, listen to the webinar, do quizzes, post blogs 
Read, and hangout, I did not expected that I will be jumping between assignment tell the end of the course. The best part was the hangout and the comment we left for other student on yammer.
That was very encouraging and fun, I felt the pain of students but I also know that if I do not do it, I will not be able to  develop any (DL ) activity  or teaching online later.
This course will be the model for my future teaching experience, I will develop my lessons based on videos, I will use Google Doc, create group project, my student  will use google + for blog, I will considers the  blog as an assessment where student will put everything they learned together in a blog with check for learning for objective they learn for each lesson as a formative assessment.
I see the benefit of learning online as I am going with the course.






1 comment:

  1. Hello Rana. First, I loved the name of your blog "Yasmin City". Such a romantic and a beautiful name.
    I can relate to the situation you went through of not finding the convenient time that suited everyone's busy schedule, the same thing happened in arranging for my group meeting.
    I found myself wondering if we, as a class, could have thought of and suggested to start a Google doc where each group members would highlight available times to meet. Then meen on Google Hangouts. I suggested that to another classmate in another blog. Maybe we could use this strategy in our online classes and see how it would work and if it needs some updating or modification.
    Salaam to Yasmin City...

    ReplyDelete