Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Reflection in the first hangout with my classroad group

Hello everyone,

We held a hangout with my group members Ms. Marcia, Ms. Anahid, on Wednesday 4/2/14 from 7:30 to 9:00 EST.

It was pleasure to meet new people with new experiences, talking about blended learning education considering pedagogical, logistic, and feasibility issues.

The hangout went smoothly for the period of time we were together. It started with some technical difficulties with Ms Marcia were she called Ms.Anahid on the phone then i was told to send Ms. Marcia the invitation to join the hangout.  after that everything went great!
when it comes to the interesting thing i learned was the difference between synchronous and asynchronous activities for the online class, i got to know more about these two terms and activities.
we were talking about the the differences between the black board and the friendly environment ( Edmodo), it is an interacting environment between the students and teachers, in addition to the activities we can apply to utilize all the features in that website.

I noticed that in my teaching process in the HS, i am using some kind of blended education, but i might need to ask my students to all join  circle through Google+ where they will be able to engaged on more kind of discussion board design, when it comes to upload videos,sharing and collaborating together for the group work and reflect on each other work.

Thank you for giving us the chance to learn and share some of our best practices through the online course.

 

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that in my teaching process in the HS, i am using some kind of blended education, but i might need to ask my students to all join circle through Google+ where they will be able to engaged on more kind of discussion board design, when it comes to upload videos,sharing and collaborating together for the group work and reflect on each other work.

    I like your adventurous mind to think about use Google+ with your students. You have a lot of great ideas how to use it in your class. It encourages me I am not alone to try the new things with my students. In addition, you provide the methods of try out period. Thank you for your posting. I think I will give it try and let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete